Saturday, September 6, 2014
Friday, May 9, 2014
Re comped this piece in Photoshop to try a different approach (not as busy) based on some new techniques I've been experimenting with. I also wanted to change the look of my blog to make it more streamlined and not as heavy before...
Sunday, May 4, 2014
New Zbrush tutorial course on how to create realistic head details and realistic textures using various techniques such as spotlight and polypainting. This course is geared towards beginners and is currently on-going but its getting close to the end as you can see from the above screenshot (Just needs a bit of tweaking here and there...). If you are interested in creating realistic game art using ZBrush this tutorial series may be of help. Check out my YouTube Channel for more tutorials!
Check out the playlist below (still on-going):
Click below to Subscribe and never miss one of my tutorials! :)
Friday, March 21, 2014
Monday, March 10, 2014
No time lapse today but I thought I'd share a small update on this character. I didn't like the "Hello Kitty" bucket head I had given him so I'm going with a clear face shield. I also went ahead and made the shoulder intakes and upper area a bit smaller. I think his proportions are much better now! I still have a lot to do especially around the legs since I have barely touched those lol. I think he's looking less "cartoon-y" now :)
Sunday, March 9, 2014
I decided to start refining the arms and hands since they were just place holders up to now. I cut off the old fingers by making and then pressing "CTRL+W" to clear the mask and make polygroups based on the mask. I then selected and hid the polygroups I didn't want and used "Del_Hidden" in the tool menu to delete the old fingers.
I created new fingers in their own file using Zspheres as a base and then just sculpting in details with the usual brushes (clay buildup, standard brush, trim dynamic) while in dynamesh mode. I forgot to mention I only sculpted one finger then copied it five times using the tranpose duplicating function ("CTRL+Click+Shift+Drag" in the center white circle while in move mode).
Again using transpose I adjusted each finger's, position, scale and rotation to make them look right. Once i finished positioning them I quickly did an "Auto groups" in the polygroup menu in order to assign each finger with its own polygroup for easy selection later on. I then appended this model into my original marine file to replace the old finger place holders...
Friday, March 7, 2014
I added some armor plates to the abdomen and added an optics array on the one side. At this point I'm really starting to get a feel for the look of this character. I'm going with an armor plate look as I mentioned before. Almost like an Abrams Tank's reactive armor. I'm playing around with the armor plates on the head to mimic a skull face a bit to make it look more interesting than just a smooth dome. I wanted them to almost look like eyes to offer a focal point (even though you cannot look through them).
Haven't really touched the arms or legs that much. I'm going to add more optics as well much like an Apache gunship...